My husband finds it fascinating that I believe you can never have too many bowls. In our house, there is no end to the bowls in the kitchen, on the bathroom counter, on my bedside table. I love having places to put things, and Kirsten Fisher has a new book out that combines my love of bowls with my love of sewing!
I assumed that I would need special tools and materials, but everything she uses is either already in my sewing space or quite easy to get ahold of in the local shops.
I love how there are so many different options depending on the complexity desired. Kirsten uses single pieces of fabric, embellished fabric, and fabric that is pieced like quilt blocks.
She's also included strategies for dealing with directional (for example, stripes) and non directional fabric like florals or these black and white geometric prints below.
I love how she adds a bit of applique to embellish a whole cloth bowl!
See what others are saying about Round Fabric Art Bowls as part of the book tour:
- Monday, August 14th - Kick-off post on the C&T Blog
- Tuesday, August 15th - Maria Shell: Instagram
- Wednesday, August 16th - Create Whimsy: Author Spotlight
- Thursday, August 17th - Bonnie Hunter: Quiltville
- Friday, August 18th - Daisy Aschehoug: WarmFolk
- Monday, August 21st - Sarah Ruiz: Saroy
- Tuesday, August 22nd - Teri Lucas: TerifiCreations (YouTube Interview)
- Wednesday, August 23rd - Lee Chappell Monroe: May Chappell